March 30 2020
Videos are the easy and effective way for businesses to showcase products and services to their customers. A Magento development company has mentioned that they prefer to display more videos because it is an engaging way to retain your customers and serve them in a better way. It is no doubt that videos are more likely to hold your customers than creative content.
This blog explains how to add videos to your Magento store to deliver the best of your products and services to your clients or customers. Before you embed videos in your Magento store, you should have ensured that you are not uploading any content which is already copyrighted. You can upload any copyrighted material only if you have permission to do so from the owner.
How Many Types of Videos You Can Embed?
These are the videos that are saved on your computer system in the format AVI, MP4, MKV, or WMV.
These are the videos that you can find on online websites or the internet. The format options are limited here which includes MP4, MOV, FLV, QT, or WMV.
Top Magento development company refers that you should upload videos in the Magento store using video streaming channels like YouTube etc. This will be helpful in saving yours from overloading servers.
So, Now let’s use begin.
If you are reading this blog, you must be using the Magento website for your eCommerce business. Well, that’s great! You have a good choice. Follow the below steps to add the videos to your CMS PAGE and PRODUCT PAGE.
Adding Videos to Magento CMS Page
1. Go to www.youtube.com
2. Search and play the video you want to add.
3. Copy the URL of the desired video.
4. Now, switch the tab and open the Magento admin login page.
5. Go to the ‘Content tab’ for adding the video from YouTube. You find the ‘Content’ tab on the left-hand side of the window.
6. A new window open up on your device screen.
7. Go to the ‘Insert/Edit Media’ option that redirects you to a new window.
8. In the box named “File/URL”, paste copied URL from YouTube.
9. Click on the “Insert” option and “Save”.
10. Finally, the video will be added to the Magento CMS Page.
Adding Videos to Magento Product Page
Following the below-given steps, you will be able to add the manufacturer videos to your Magento store along with the product information.
1. Log in to the Magento Dashboard.
2. Go to Catalog tab > Attributes > Manage Attributes.
3. Click on “Add New Attribute”.
4. You have to then fill all fields.
5. Name your attribute to say “Video”
6. Keep the option of ‘Catalog Input Type for Store Owner’ as Text Field.
7. Create and save the attribute successfully.
8. Now go to the “Manage Products” Section.
9. Each product has a tab on the left-hand side of the bar.
10. You can find the video attribute you have created.
11. Add the YouTube URL there and save the product page in order to embed the video.